Imagine. Connect. Act.
Tree of Dreams
Ask people to share their dreams for the community. It’s great fun to see what other people have imagined!
- Create a representation of a tree, or pick a real tree to hang the dream cards on!
- Ask people to write down what they want to see happening in their community, and then tie or post it to the tree.
- At the end, “harvest” it and see what comes up.
- If you have time – or in a second meeting – to participants can brainstorm plans to fulfill their dreams and start taking action. You can ask, What is your dream, what is one step you could take to move towards it, is there anything stopping you, what could this group do to help you move forward?
- Colored paper
- Pens, pencils, markers, or some type of writing tools
- String or tape to attach the dreams
- A sign to label the “Tree of Dreams”
- Something to represent a tree, like an umbrella, a drawing of a tree on paper or with chalk, or a real tree!
Have you done this activity? Have questions? More ideas? Tell us about it in the comments below!