Imagine. Connect. Act.
What can I do as an individual?
- Act on your own to do something good for the world! Maybe it’s something you’re nervous about starting, a project that’s been on the back burner, or something that you’ve been wanting to do for a while but kept finding excuses to put it off for later. Whatever it is, choose a small or big step toward your goal and take action. Below are some examples.
- Form a group. Invite your friends, colleagues, or neighbors to start with something simple, like eating together and asking these three questions:
1. What’s one thing you’d like to do, learn, or share to make our corner of the world a little bit better?
2. What, if anything, is stopping you right now?
3. What’s one step you could take to get started?
With everyone, find a way to start making connections that help to start planning small steps towards your goals.
- Find a group or event near you and join them.
Rachel is from New York. The local beach in Long Island isn’t as clean as she would like, so with the help of a few plastic bags, she began picking up trash that she found along her way.
In Burundi, Eric uses Idealist Days to get young people together to co-create the future that they want. It’s their space to imagine and work towards a better tomorrow.
Sarah (left) decided to spend an Idealist Day in a train station in New Jersey. She wanted to speak with homeless people who spend their days around the station. Lisa (right) joined Sarah so that she wouldn’t be alone in her mission.
Why join Idealist Days?
To inspire, empower, find your path and move from intention to action.
To be part of the solution and not the problem. Your action wil have global visibility when you share it in our directory and it will inspire others.
To form part of a global movement of actions, big and small, that make a difference.
When is the next Idealist Day?
Whenever the number of the day matches the number of the month: December 12, January 1, February 2, etc. (12/12, 1/1, 2/2, etc.)
I already have an activity in mind. Now what?
Email us email@example.com and tell us about it so that we can add it to our map and find out how we can support you.
On Idealist Day, take action with hundreds of people around the world. Check out the photo gallery from previous Idealist Days and download Idealist logos and templates if you want to make posters, flyers, or decorations.
Share the impact you created in: