Starting an Idealist Group takes only a couple of minutes. It’s the first step in allowing people near you to start connecting. Once you have set up a group, you will be able to post events. Before starting an Idealist Group please read our invitation to this whole project, so we are all on the same page. And please make sure that no one else has already started the same group. Then:
1. Click here to begin. (If you are new to Idealist, and you need to sign up, you can click on the Facebook button and the whole thing will take only a couple of seconds).
2. Name your group Idealists of [your community]. For example, Idealists of Nairobi or Idealists of Paris.
3. In the Description field, you can use or edit this text:
- This group is for people who want to help each other make our community and the world a better place. Let’s start by using this group to plan and support one another in organizing and promoting our Idealist Days (on 3/3, 4/4, and beyond).
4. Links: use this to tell people how to find you and contact you. This could be a link to a Facebook group with the same name (that’s been the most popular mode so far) or a Google group or any other site you’d like to use.
If you don’t post a link now, know you can always update it later, and for now use the Description field to tell viewers how to connect with you. You could even invite them to click on “Become and Administrator” at the bottom of your page, and you will soon have one or more partners to organize the group with you. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!